Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Taking Control Today - June 1, 2021

 June 1, 2021

I am a senior Olympian. My event is August 15, 2021. I know that my mind determines how strong and confident I am. I am struggling. 

I am setting an intention today. I have 10 weeks to go before the event. I am taking control of the things that I can control; sleep, exercise, nutrition, hydration, work ethic, negative self talk. I am preparing to handle the things that I cannot control.

I have let my mind go rogue lately, letting it think whatever it wants. That is over, I am in charge!

My intention for the next 10 weeks: 

  • To record a success script and listen to it - 3x /day
  • To feed myself correctly, small meals when hungry, no fasting
  • To write down the things that I can control and be prepared with my reaction for things that I cannot control
  • To visualize seeing myself running my fastest times in the 50M and 100M at least 3x/day
  • To journal about my workouts, moods, energy, nutrition each day.
  • I will walk the walk and talk the talk of an Olympic athlete.
So excited to take this journey.

Journal Entry #1:

This morning I slept till 8:00 a.m. I had a relaxing morning with a cup of coffee and blueberry smoothie. I will be going the the chiropractor at 1:15 p.m. I will work out at the track in Clawson after this appointment. It is a striding day, not a full out sprinting day. Before I leave I (12:30) will have a light lunch of hummus and veggies with at least 40 oz of water.

My after workout snack will be peanut butter and celery sticks. Dinner at 6 or 6:30 will be salad with seeds and nuts and olive oil with tuna.











No comments:

Post a Comment