Friday, June 4, 2021

Taking Control - Day 4 - June 4

 Wow, it is truly unbelievable what can happen in 4 days. The chiropractor yesterday discovered my first rib on the right was out. I have been in severe pain and thought it was muscular. That really hurts when you have a rib out. I am sure it is from lifting 200 wine boxes a week. I have to be so conscious of my posture when lifting. My imbalance on the right side stems from the 15% I lost when I broke my arm when I was 19. They did not prescribe physical therapy back then. I feel sad about that loss but I can work within it.

My goals today for my workout were: love my body and appreciate it and add weights to upper body. Both were accomplished. I went to Planet Fitness at 4:45 a.m. and then on to the Clawson Track for my sprinting--striding workout. I was strong and pain free--woop! I was all alone and I love this time to myself to get my day started. I appear to be an extravert but I am clearly 50% introvert. This time is precious in the morning when the world is sleeping. I also completed one DNRS brain training session. It seems to help make my day more positive. (DNRS stands for Dynamic Neural Retraining System-www.retrainingthebrain.com).

Today my breakfast was a gluten free breakfast sandwich with canadian bacon and eggs, 1/4 avocado. So satisfying. Lunch will be a salad with black lentils and veggies and olive oil dressing. My dinner break at work will be a large helping of fresh berries. 

So happy to move to day 5--16 days from day 21! Time goes so fast.

Journaling helps to keep me motivated as well. I am strong and muscular, I am a confident athlete, I can visualize myself winning, I can break my own records.



No comments:

Post a Comment