Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Upgrade Your Life for a Boost in Happiness

It seems lately that I have been noticing small ways to "upgrade" my life. There are countless opportunities each day to make our lives better......just a little at a time.
  1. WATER: I recently started to drink RO (reverse osmosis) water that I buy by the gallon at Whole Paycheck Market (read: Whole Foods Market).  When I am forced to drink tap water or water from a drinking fountain at Lifetime Fitness, I cannot believe what I taste: chlorine. We get used to what we have, but this simple upgrade makes a difference for me.
  2. OFFICE SPACE: I set up my office in our basement because I need so much room for files, my library of resources and materials for putting together many different demonstrations for heatlh fairs. Lately, I realize that it feels like I am dong penance down there. The basement is finished and good enough, but it does not feel beautiful.  Last weekend with the help of my husband,  I moved my office back up to our computer room that we had redecorated several years back with California Closets. I feel human again and it gave me a chance to reorganize my work space and surround myself with some beautiful pictures and flowers. This upgrade makes me more productive.
Here are some other ideas to Upgrade Your Life:
  1. EXERCISE: If you are stuck in a rut doing the same 45 minute walk or run on a treadmill, UPGRADE! Ride your bike, jump rope, take a yoga class, or meditate. Join a group! There might be a group of people right in your neighborhood that are biking, walking or running. Group Fitness is very successful and a great way to work out and connect. Start your own group. Ask a few friends if they would be willing to meet 2x /week to run, walk or bike at a local park. This group will add accountability to your goals.
  2. CLOTHING: If you have not worn something in 1 year, please donate it. Getting rid of clothes and items that you no longer use, leaves room in your life for some new, pretty and wonderful things.
  3. FOOD: Make a commitment to upgrade your week of food. Maybe the upgrade idea is meatless Mondays, maybe it is 2 days eating vegetarian each week . Maybe the upgrade is cutting back on cheese or meat or alcohol. These small UPGRADES will provide you with real health benefits. Make your upgrades slowly, so you don't feel overwhelmed.
  4. PEOPLE: If there are people in your life that are not good for your health, UPGRADE by not including them in your life anymore.  Reach out to new people at work, church, clubs, gym, book club. Find people that will support you in reaching your goals.
I would love to hear your upgrade ideas. Email me at deniselovathealthcoach@gmail.com and let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment