Thursday, September 19, 2013

Make an Inconvenience a Positive Experience for Your Health

This week, we had one of our automobiles in the shop being fixed after being rear-ended on the highway (yes, both front and rear). With everyone needing cars to get where they have to go, I decided that I would be the one to "pretend I did not have a car" and turn this inconvenience into a positive experience FOR ME!  I decided that I could last three days (Tuesday - Thursday) in this world, by riding my bike. After all, Wheatgrass and Sprouts (www.wheatgrassandsprouts.com) my part-time job is only 2 miles away and Whole Foods is only 2.5 miles away and the clients I am working with  this week are only about 12 miles each round trip.

Well today is Thursday and I made it! Over the three days "pretending I did not have a car" I have logged over 70 miles on my bike. I am here to tell you that my metabolic rate has gone up and I could feel myself burning calories throughout the day. The multiple short bursts of exercise throughout the day have been great for keeping my body moving naturally while enjoying the gorgeous pre-fall weather. Oh and yes, the saddle-bags I bought earlier this summer for my bike are THE best purchase of the year.

Are there things in your life that are inconvenient that you could turn around to benefit your health?


To Your Best Health,

Denise Lovat
Health Coach


No comments:

Post a Comment