Monday, January 4, 2021

Hey, You are a Health Coach....

Happy New Year to All. My prayer is that 2021 brings you the health you deserve.

It has been so long since I posted a blog. I get annoyed when I open someone else's blog which looks interesting only to find the person gets to the point after 15 minutes of reading. SO..I am going to get to the point right now.

Just because I am a health coach, it does not mean that I eat perfectly and have all healthy habits! (I ate 6 large scoops of organic ice cream yesterday and I feel fabulous!)

It is not what we do once in awhile that makes us unhealthy. It is what we do MOST of the time that makes us unhealthy. What habits do you need to change?

I have a cheat day. It is Sunday. I do not work out and I eat whatever I want (except Gluten). I look forward to it each week. I have been very successful keeping my weight optimum while using this cheat day to feel human. Guess what? Deprivation leads to uncontrolled overeating. This cheat day causes your body to question what you are putting in it (if you eat clean the rest of the week) and increases your metabolism. (see worth the read!)

I am a trained health coach and I found it to be the most wonderful year of my life while I was being certified. Yes, I was making changes that transformed my own life, health and career. I wanted my clients to have this same transformation and to attack their health with the same enthusiasm. I found out that most people will pay the money, but they won't do the hard work it takes to change bad habits. 

I have been disappointed with many of my client's enthusiasm and willingness to make simple changes. I learned that people are stuck where they are mostly because of emotions and life circumstances. I was told while being certified, that client's need us (health coaches) to help them crawl out of the stuck space and start to move in a different direction. "Yes!! I said, I can do this!" I can do it, but can others do the hard work, can you?

I still believe there is a place for me to do this work. It is my passion and makes me the happiest I have ever been. The best combination of training would be psychologist and health coach. So much emotion and unhappiness goes into the food we eat and the habits we form.

I am forever grateful that I am a trained health coach and would love to help others. For now, I am working at Whole Foods as the Wine and Spirits Buyer which helps pay the bills.

Get Healthy,

Denise Lovat

Certified Health Coach




No comments:

Post a Comment