Saturday, December 21, 2013

Before you write too many New Year's Resolutions...Read This.

I don't know about you, but I am really hard on myself and never seem to be satisfied with my accomplishments when I look back on the year that is leaving us. This year we say good-bye to 2013. I tend to start with the negative: I did not get enough done, I was not a good enough mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, employee etc. I still have closets to clean and drawers to organize and stuff to donate....and ...and ....and.

I never liked New Year's Eve celebrations, the drinking, the overeating, the watching the ball drop, the feeling that life in the year of 20_ _ had gone too fast.

I have a strangely different attitude this year. I have never before felt this calm about another year moving by. As I contemplate the reasons why, I have discovered something that I did differently during this year than all other years: I have taken better care of myself. I HAVE TAKEN  BETTER CARE OF MYSELF. There, I said it!

I am not saying I have been perfect in every area. For example, going to the gym has been put on the back burner more than it should, but I jump rope in the garage if only for 10 minutes a day. I have concentrated on figuring out what was missing in my diet to cause intense cravings and the need to eat more often than I should. I have figured out how to eat for energy and for my best health. I am relying more on holistic practitioners to figure out how to keep me healthy. I am staying out of the conventional medical world where prescription drugs abound.

I have experimented with dairy, fats, proteins, raw cheese, grains, and yes chocolate too.

This New Year's Eve, I will have a very different feeling going into 2014. I am going to continue my "Year of Ultimate Health" which began April 2013 and ends in March 2014.

Before you write down all of those harsh New Years Resolutions ( I will never drink or eat again!) that are broken by February, why not just write down this one: "I WILL TAKE BETTER CARE OF MYSELF IN 2014!"

Make a declaration which states your intention for 2014 and write it out on a piece of paper. Post this declaration at work, on your wall in your home office, on your dashboard in your car. Just by writing it down, your mind, body and soul will take you there, I promise.

I made my declaration last April and it has worked beyond my wildest dreams:

April 2013 - March 2014
"The Year of Ultimate Health"
 
I wish you love and health in 2014.

To Your Best Health,

Denise Lovat
Certified Health Coach

Visit my website at: http://www.deniselovathealthcoach.com/Services.html
to schedule a  free 1-hour health history consultation.



No comments:

Post a Comment