Saturday, September 28, 2013

Do you desire Financial Health? Experiment with CASH

This week I did an experiment with cold hard cash. Each month when my credit card bills come in, I am always amazed at how much money I have spent. I am always convinced that the bill that American Express has sent is someone else's. Alas, the bill always turns out to be mine. American Express never makes a mistake.

My experiment: for one week, use only cash when purchasing anything. My experiment has been a great learning experience and a way to reset financially.

Using cash for all purchases has really made me think long and hard about each and every purchase this week. I am a real consumer. I go to a grocery store at least once a day and find things to buy wherever I am, even in church!

Here were some of my thoughts while shopping this week: Do I really need another bag of $20.00 cacao powder when I have 1/3 of a bag at home? Why buy 8 peaches when some might go bad before we eat them, just get 6? Just because something is on sale, does not mean you have to buy it? With only $60.00 left in my wallet, I better save some for gasoline.

I invite you to experiment with cash and reset your finances. I cannot wait until my credit card bills come this month and say "0" due. Imagine the freedom!






No comments:

Post a Comment