Sunday, December 1, 2013

What is derailing YOU from reaching your health goals?

If you are not prepared for meals, this could be derailing you from reaching your health goals?

Today is Sunday. Sunday used to be my least favorite day. I would think about the week ahead of school or work and wonder how I was going to get it all done.  In college, Sundays were strange days because it was a lonely, uneventful day full of homework and feeling bad about being behind on homework and missing family time.

Now, Sundays are my favorite days. I have claimed them as mine! I have made Sunday's my day of cooking and getting ready for the week. Instead of letting the week knock me down like a title wave, I control how my week begins by having loads of prepared food in my refrigerator to take wherever I am going or to eat at home at meal times. I feel as if I have at least 10 extra hours a week just by taking the steps to PREPARE for meals in advance. Do we eat left-overs everyday? YES and I think it is the only way to live!

Today my cooking is underway with green lentil soup with kale, carrots, onions, celery, seranno chili peppers, tomato sauce:




I have also prepared spaghetti squash and acorn squash to add to our meals as sides:




I tried out these collard green wraps, with all raw julienned beets, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers and smashed avocado. I had one for lunch and loved them:



Lastly, I baked four sweet potatoes and have the coconut oil already on them to reheat and smother with almond butter for my breakfast of champions this week!





I hope you can take some time on Sundays to prepare for your meals for the week ahead. It is a great way to stay healthy and stay on track to reaching your goals.

If you would like the Vegan Collard Wrap recipe, please got to http://www.deniselovathealthcoach.com/Services.html. Where it says "request information, send me an email and write COLLARD WRAPS.

To Your Best Health,

Denise Lovat
Certified Health Coach





No comments:

Post a Comment