I am not referring to the Nutri-Bullet kind of juicing. I am talking about masticating juicing, that simulates our digestive process. I am talking about squeezing the juice out of organic produce and separating the pulp from the juice. The only thing you consume is the juice...that kind of juicing.
Here are the benefits:
- Juice give the body a rest from digestion. When we eat and metabolize our food, it causes free radicals to form. Our body must use its enzymes to work to digest our food instead of repairing our cells and DNA. With juicing, there is no digestion required. The raw juices are fully absorbed within 20 minutes and we bring vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids into our body.
- Fresh juice is a live liquid vitamin supplement. The juice of organic fruits and vegetables is the richest whole food source of oxygen, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- Nutrients in live raw juice assist the body with electrical conductivity and contain the building blocks for tissue healing and repair.
- If you buy a green juice, be careful. Most juice is pasteurized, which means it is heated and no longer raw. This means the microbes (bad for you) and the enzymes (good for you) are both killed. When you buy green juices make sure they are high pressure processed (HPP), or make your own green juices. Here are two brands to look for at Whole Foods Market that are HPP : Blue Print and Suja.
- Fresh raw juice gives us abundant energy, gives us fast recovery from illness and slows the aging process.
To Your Best Health,
Ceritified Holistic Health Coach, AADP
If you would like Gweneth Paltrow's favorite green juice recipe and Ten Tips to Improve Digestion, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org