Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fasting for Health...a cool concept

Recently, PBS ran a special titled "Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael  Mosley." Here is the link if you want to take a look:http://video.pbs.org/video/2363162206/. Michael is a British journalist and physician who loves life. He wants to live long and be healthy. The bottom line of the PBS special is that fasting 2 days a week (eating about 500 calories on the fasting days) and eating normally 5 days a week was the best plan for Michael to change his blood work to show a positive result. I thought I would give this a try. I fasted on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I ate very minimally and only when my stomach grumbled very loud. I was surprised how easy it was. I drank green tea and water during the day. Michael Mosley hopes that this "revolutionary" way of staying healthy takes off. As he says in the very beginning of the program, "it's all about what you eat, or what you don't eat."
Do you think you might try this out, experiment for a few weeks to see what effect fasting could have on your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment